Yogi Tea is an ancient healing tea in the Indian Ayurvedic tradition that is perfect for cold and flu season.
It tastes great, energizes and rejuvenates, and is wonderful for people of all ages.
Drink this tea as a wonderful coffee substitute. Your home will also smell great as it is cooking!
Ingredients for Yogi Tea
- 8 cups water
- 12 whole cloves
- 16 whole green cardamom pods (optional to crack them open – I don’t)
- 16 whole black peppercorns
- 2-4 whole sticks of cinnamon
- 3 to 8 slices of fresh ginger root (I like lots in my tea – it will give it a spicy kick)
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 black tea bags (optional) – can also use Jasmine
- honey or maple syrup (optional)
Directions for Yogi Tea
- Bring water to a boil. Add cloves, cardamom, peppercorns, cinnamon and ginger root. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add black tea bags and steep for 1 minute, then remove them (this is optional and often I don’t add black tea).
- Strain the tea, and discard the used spices.
- Add soy milk and sweetener to taste.
If you are not going to drink all the yogi tea at once, store it in a glass container in the refrigerator BEFORE you add the soy milk and honey/syrup.
wow, what an excellent presentation! going to follow your site now. thanks so much.
Shannon, Bravo, This is an amazing undertaking and a wonderful site. Recipes are very good and I’m going to try them all as soon as possible. Best, V.
Thanks Vita! Let me know how you like the recipes and send me any that you find that we might like also. Keep dancing!